Secure Resilient Communications In Poorly Connected Locations
TWL ensures a full understanding of a customer’s requirements before recommending an off-the-shelf or bespoke solution. Particularly in remote and poorly connected areas, systems need access to multiple routes (multi-cellular, WiFi WAN, wired WAN and satellite). Even then, large data (such as video and laptop/monitor screens) requires processing to minimise bandwidth, without losing the usefulness of the transmission. Therefore, TWL analyses the customer requirements based on:
- Area of operation (network connectivity, with TWL’s hi-gain antennas) and:
- The data rate required to achieve operational performance requirements.
Based on the analysis, TWL will propose an optimum, cost effective solution. The principle can be represented using a Quad Chart.
- What functionality is required?
- What options exist for changing frame rate, resolution and compression?
- What’s the resultant data rate requirement?
- Where will it be used?
- What is the prevailing cellular connectivity?
For example, simple voice / text communication needs low data rate and no video management. However, live telemedicine data from an ambulance generates high data rates and will need data processing and as high a data capacity as possible. The really challenging quadrant is the top left and TWL has successfully operated here.